[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut on TIVA

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Sep 16 10:59:32 CEST 2014

    Philipp> Hi everyone, since TI dropped the Stellaris family, I'm
    Philipp> currently redesigning a board to use one of their TIVA parts
    Philipp> (the TM4C1294, to be exactly). I also considered moving to a
    Philipp> different vendor like ST, but the integrated MAC+PHY and the
    Philipp> EPI proved really useful, so we decided to stick with the TI
    Philipp> stuff. We even managed to get 10 of those ICs already ;)

    Philipp> Anyway, what I wanted to ask is if anyone here already started
    Philipp> to port Ethernut to this family. Or at least to another
    Philipp> Cortex-M4.

No work on that done here.

    Philipp> @Uwe: I remember the discussion concerning the incredible
    Philipp> restrictive licenses of TivaWare. There seems to be no
    Philipp> definitive answer yet, so I guess I'll just do it the same way
    Philipp> as for the LM3S and simply place a README in the code telling
    Philipp> the user to download the required files himself. At least as a
    Philipp> temporary "workaround".

Perhaps revive the discussion. Also I think there will be no positive
outcome. But think about long term device support with the recent bad TI
history of dropping microcontroller parts on short notice. There were also
rumors that TI will dropp microcontrollers at all...

Otherwise did you have a look at the libopencm3 headers? If they fit, they
could be less pain...

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de