[En-Nut-Discussion] NUTOS Threads and gdb

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Sep 23 16:10:54 CEST 2014

On 23.09.2014 11:56, Uwe Bonnes wrote:

> when I attach gdb to a running NUTOS program, most of the time gdb attaches
> to the sleep code in nut/os/timer.c. Gdb "info thread" only shows this
> thread. Is there a way to see the other threads and maybe attach to them?

I'm not too familiar with GDB, but my information is as follows:

It is possible, but requires to not only extend Nut/OS but also modify
the GDB server. I think that OpenOCD can be attached to FreeRTOS
threads. May be we can adapt this to Nut/OS as well.

The FreeRTOS' GPL won't hurt us in this case, because debugging routines
won't go in to production code.