[En-Nut-Discussion] nutcomponent Code duplication?

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Sep 23 16:11:46 CEST 2014

Thanks for the explanation.

    >> - Should we try to have common nutcomponent files?

    Harald> Do we still need 2 different Configurators?

Make that 3 different Configurators. Command line, QT and WxWidget.

    Harald> Some months ago the
    Harald> Qt version didn't work for me, and I was too busy to fix it. So
    Harald> I was happy to have a fallback with the wxWidget variant.

    Harald> Lately I saw several patches to the Qt version from Thiago and
    Harald> it looks to me, that he fixed all known issues. I'd vote for
    Harald> finally removing the wxWidget version.

My build scheme relies on the command line version and this version
builds from the wxWidget tree. So the command line build would have move to
th QT tree in that case.

So moving nutcomponent to a common directory would probably have the least
impact.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de