[En-Nut-Discussion] Large auto variable called from main thread crashed programm

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Jan 9 14:59:31 CET 2015

    Philipp> 'main' and 'idle' are two different threads with different
    Philipp> stacks. You can specify sizes for both with the configurator:

The defined in ut/arch/cm3/os/nutinit.c tell so, but enmem21e.pdf says:
> The C runtime library initializes the stack, starting from the top of
> internal RAM and growing downwards. This stack is used by the Nut/OS
> idle thread.

So enmem21e.pdf needs update. Where does it come from?

  Philipp> Could you fix the problem?

I am testing a battery powered temperature logger with a nucleo board. To
debug and fill up the large  flash pages (128 kbyte each) fast, I enlarged
the chunks to store far beyond the normal size. So the problem was only
temporary.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de