[En-Nut-Discussion] Retrieve the Nut/OS SVN revision from code

Philipp Burch phip at hb9etc.ch
Mon Jan 12 16:27:36 CET 2015

Hello everyone,

to keep track of what version is installed on every produced device,
I've implemented a simple CLI command that shows the build timestamp,
the revision of the application code, the compiler version and the
Nut/OS version (from sys/version.h). This is fine for projects which are
based on stable Ethernut releases, but since Tiva TM4C is not an
officially supported platform yet, I'm still working with code directly
from SVN. Is there a (simple) way to retrieve the SVN revision from
inside the Nut/OS code? Ideally something that would still work when
using stable releases (not located in a versioned source tree).

Are there any suggestions about how to do that or has someone probably
already a solution ready for it?

Thanks!

Regards,
Philipp