[En-Nut-Discussion] RFC: Moving to github

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Jul 20 11:52:44 CEST 2015

    Ole> Hi all, due to the current problems on sourceforge, and the
    Ole> discussion about changing the repo to a GIT repo, I'd like to bring
    Ole> up the idea to move the project to github.

    Ole> So I'm happy about comments.

Well,

beside the current storage problems and the questionable new sourceforge
philosophy (some seamingly dead projects were taken over and ad-ware was
added) Soureforge offers:
- Good product presentation pages
- Mailing lists
- bug tracking
- multiple adminstrator access

Free Github only offers "issues" and "pull requests". Git vs SNV can be
decided by the user himself with "git svn" and the git svn tarball offered
on sourceforge. So I am not so fond on a switch to github.

B.t.w. I urge developpers to use git-svn.
This would help against commits like
    git-svn-id: svn+ssh://svn.code.sf.net/p/ethernut/code/trunk@6084 1ca430b3-8271-4a6b-9b0e-3dcac98a8924

nut/crypto/sha384.c:3: trailing whitespace.
+ *
nut/crypto/sha384.c:5: trailing whitespace.
+ *
nut/crypto/sha384.c:6: trailing whitespace.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de