[En-Nut-Discussion] RFC: Moving to github

Simon Budig simon at budig.de
Mon Jul 20 14:25:42 CEST 2015

Harald Kipp (harald.kipp at egnite.de) wrote:
> If it was: "Should we move to Github?" then I can't give any answer,
> because the question makes no sense too me. Decentralization implies,
> that there is no central code base, doesn't it?

Well, you want to have a "home" for the project where newbies can grab a
copy of the code, without having to jump through hoops to find the
"correct" tree.

Since I have been quite involved with the SF-mess with Gimp I am
obviously biased. Here is my list of preferences for such a "home":

1.) rent your own server.

2.) host it at github.

3.) host it at - nah. Avoid SF.

Bye,