[En-Nut-Discussion] Build process proposal: Do not build HTML docs and wx based helpers as default

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Jul 23 11:44:28 CEST 2015

    Harald> Hi Uwe, On 17.07.2015 13:27, Uwe Bonnes wrote:

    >> is there any objection to not build the html docs and the wx-base
    >> nutconf and nutdisc by default?

    Harald> But what, if the user enables this build? Will it work?

    Harald> My status is, that the Linux build of Nut/OS 5.1 is broken due
    Harald> to missing Lua and Qt libraries. This had been reported by Bob
    Harald> Wirka in 2013. Removing it from the default build will not
    Harald> really fix it.

With downloading tons of library and library-devel packages on Linux
Opensuse 13.2, I can build the html docs and the wx widget programs.

In my local branch containing the html/wxwidget changes I have Readme.svn:
When checking out a clean tree from SVN in the base directory run
./reconf
./autogen.sh
Add to ./autogen.sh
--enable-html-docs to enable build of the HTML docs.
--enable-nutconf-gui to enable the build of the WX-based configurator GUI.
--enable-nutdisc to enable building the WX-base NutOs Discoverer.

I tested the options and the options worked for me (TM).

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de