[En-Nut-Discussion] arm-none-eabi-gcc, mtpcs-leaf-frame and cortex_debug.c

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Thu Jul 23 12:46:05 CEST 2015

Hi Uwe,

Am 23.07.2015 12:06, schrieb Uwe Bonnes:
> https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2015-05/msg00080.html
> tells
>
>> I don't expect -mapcs-frame to go away any time soon.
>
> But the bug with Cortex M0(Plus) is still there. I will try to bug the
> cortex arm gcc develoopers again.

That would be great. Until then it might be a good idea to not enable
the backtrace code for M0.

The GCC developers suggest to implement a backtrace based on unwinding
information as an alternative. This is a very good idea, but not for
micrcocontrollers, where every byte in the flash counts :) You will need
a complete .elf file, or at least the symbol table and unwinding table
to do such a backtrace.

Best regards,

Ole

--
kernel concepts GmbH            Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48         Mob: +49-177-7420433