[En-Nut-Discussion] Patch proposed: Catch more NutEventPostFromIRQ events in time

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun Mar 15 10:53:41 CET 2015

    Harald> Hi Uwe, On 09.03.2015 19:50, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
    >> there is quite some window of our timeslice, where
    >> NutEventPostFromIRQ() might go unnoticed until the next timer
    >> event(window of ignorance). Also we have work to do, NutOS sleeps
    >> until the next timer interrupt.

    Harald> I do not have any better solution right now, except that the
    Harald> critical section added to NutEventPostFromIrq() looks critical
    Harald> to me.

Hello Harald,

yes, I concluded myself that the critical section inside
NutEventPostFromIrq() is not needed when send from an IRQ routine. The code
I worked on last week used the library with the critical section removed and
the patch I will apply to trunk will have the critical section removed too.

Bye

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de