[En-Nut-Discussion] FTPD - RMD command response

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri May 29 10:53:36 CEST 2015

>>>>> "Paweł" == Paweł  <pawel8542 at o2.pl> writes:

    Paweł> Hello As I see code 250 is good for both of us ;-) But in
    Paweł> ethernut trunk pro/ftpd.c, function NutFtpProcessRmd is something
    Paweł> different - NutFtpRespondOk(session, 257);
===
http://cr.yp.to/ftp/stor.html
The MKD verb
A MKD request asks the server to create a new directory. The MKD parameter
 is an encoded pathname specifying the directory.

If the server accepts MKD (required code 257), its response includes the
pathname of the directory, in the same format used for responses to PWD.

A typical server accepts MKD with code 250 if the directory was successfully
created, or rejects MKD with code 550 if the creation failed.

RFC 1123 requires that the server treat XMKD as a synonym for MKD.
===

Probably a 257 response should return the created pathname and our 257
response does not, so 250 would be better. But perhaps some of the eth guys
can comment on this. Let's wait on some response.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de