[En-Nut-Discussion] STM32 Rework

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Sep 30 19:00:02 CEST 2015

    Ole> Hi Uwe, do we just have support for the STM32F411? This would be
    Ole> really great :)

    Ole> If not, do you know what need to be changed to support this
    Ole> controller types?

Yes,
STM32F411 is supported.
I used it in several projects with the F411 nucleo boards:
- Read out one wire sensors and store in values in internal flash for
  later retrieval. Battery powered, mean current below 2 mA.
- Read out 8 NTC sensors and send values on the USB serial line
- Read out 8 PT1000 at LN2 temperature. Only power the PT1000 while
  measuring to keep thermal load in Dewar low.
- Write some pattern to internal flash via serial line and play back pattern
  read out with some external signal for some laser pattering.

I can provide projects if needed. Most work done in the projects is done by
connecting DMA event together to keep actual CPU work low.

B.t.w. consider the L476:
- Adds CAN, QSPI, Batterie-powered Backup SRAM, 3 * Uart
at comparable prices, actual lowe at farnell.

The F411 is similat to the F401 witha F401 Nucleo configuration provided.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de