[En-Nut-Discussion] STM32F7xx DTCM

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Apr 11 11:01:09 CEST 2016

    Holger> Edit STM32F7xx DTCM RAM:

    Holger> Could that be managed by Extended Memory / Split Memory ?

Maybe.

But first I need to understand what these options are good for and how the
different memory regions of e.g.the F7 can be used.
I see following usage of ram
- static allocated variable (bss section)
- dynamic allocated variables
- allocated memory from heap not used for DMA
- allocated memory from heap used for DMA
- PSP stack
- MSP stack
- RAM functions
- Code when running from RAM (NUTDEBUG_RAM, text section)

On F7  we have :                8/16/32/64   DMA
                                bit access direct/AHB
00000000 - 000xxxxx:  ITCM-RAM  x  x  x  x        x
20000000 - 2000ffff:  DTCM-RAM  x  x  x  x        x
20010000 - 200bbfff:  SRAM1     x  x  x    x
2004c000 - 200xxxxx:  SRAM2     x  x  x    x

Any help on a sensible setup highly welcome!

Bye

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

--------- Tel. 06151 1623569 ------- Fax. 06151 1623305 ---------