[En-Nut-Discussion] FYI: MDNSd sample added

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Mon Apr 18 10:41:46 CEST 2016

Hi Uwe,

Am 17.04.2016 22:29, schrieb Uwe Bonnes:
> Ole> Unfortunately the MDNSd needs a little RAM (for caching the
> MDNS Ole> entries), so it won't run on boards with less than 16K free
> RAM.
>
> To keep the examples compiling, we need more fine-grained hints
> about availabe RAM  provides by the board and RAM needed by the
> application.

The example will (should) compile in any case. I added a runtime RAM
check, that will print out a warning in case of too less RAM.

Even if we would have such a mechanism that knows about the board
ressources, we do not yet have a way to build the examples depending on
the ressources they need. Right? Do you have any ideas on this?

> Please test with other configs. But probably the implicit declaration
> also happenes on your target config too:
>
> sam7eth  ..mdnsd_uhttp.c: In function 'main': mdnsd_uhttp.c:136:5:
> warning: implicit declaration of function 'HttpRegisterRedir'
> [-Wimplicit-function-declaration] HttpRegisterRedir("",
> "/index.html", 301); ^ sam7eth done

I can not reproduce this error, nor do I understand it :)

I just configured the build tree for the sam7eth.conf and build all
examples (including the mdsnd_uhttp) without any problem?

SVN revision: 6442.

Best regards,

Ole

--