[En-Nut-Discussion] ST3M32F407

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Feb 23 12:57:43 CET 2016

    Hermann> Dear Colleagues, I have bought the Evaluation-Kit ST3M32F407
    Hermann> and the Baseboard STM32F4 DIS-BB and I would like to know which
    Hermann> compiler fits best to the operating system "Ethernut".

Recommended Compiler is https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded.

I recommend to use Ethernut SVN Head, as most of my STM32 work was done
after the last release.

Start with the configuration at nut/conf/stm32f4dis_bb.conf. I had the
app/http sample running with the config at some point. You need to care
which debug output you use. From the config:

-- PC6/PC7 UART6 (Default)
-- PA03/PD05 UART2 (Use Blackmagic Uart without collision on eth0)

The config is for using PA03/PD05 with a blackmagic modified board
(https://embdev.net/articles/STM_Discovery_as_Black_Magic_Probe). You
probably want
DEBUG_USE_UART = "DEV_UART6"
USART6_RX      = "PA03"
USART6_TX      = "PC07"

when using the Baseboard RS232.

The Nucleo-144 boards make much more sense with their on-board ETH and
CDCACM connection.

Recent F4-Disc1 board also contain a CDCACM uart, but the proposed uart
flying wires (UM1472 Rev.4 Chapter 6.1.3 ) Figure 6 probably collide the
eth on STM32F4 DIS-BB. Consider using PD05 as above for the blackmagic
configuration in case you have a disc1 with Stlink-V2.1 versus Stlink-V2 on
the older F4 disco boards.

Cheers
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

--------- Tel. 06151 1623569 ------- Fax. 06151 1623305 ---------