[En-Nut-Discussion] Race condition and stack overflow in tcpsm.c

Philipp Burch phip at hb9etc.ch
Fri Jan 8 11:38:22 CET 2016

Hi Uwe!

On 08.01.2016 10:20, Uwe Bonnes wrote:

>     Philipp> Cool, thanks Ole!  This reminds me that I've never touched
>     Philipp> Ethernut for what seems like an eternity now...
>
> Any news on the TI header license front?
>
> For MSP432, the header seem to have a compatible license.

At least I don't know about news. The latest posting in
http://e2e.ti.com/support/microcontrollers/tiva_arm/f/908/t/293863#pi239031350=3
is mine concerning some change in the licensing, but it never got an
answer. It still seems to be necessary to fill in a form and accept the
same conditions, of which (d) and (e) probably are the only ones which
actually could be a problem for Ethernut, since we can't control who
downloads the source:

----------- 8< --------------- 8< --------------

(d) I WILL NOT EXPORT, re-EXPORT or TRANSFER this Software/Tool/Document
to any prohibited destination, entity, or individual without the
necessary export license(s) or authorization(s) from the U.S. Government.

(e) I will NOT USE or TRANSFER this Software/Tool/Document for use in
any sensitive NUCLEAR, CHEMICAL or BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS, or MISSILE
TECHNOLOGY end-uses unless authorized by the U.S. Government by
regulation or specific license.

It's annoying. At least one of those headers is included in my (public)
TIVA branch for quite some time now with no one even asking about it,
but it may still not be entirely correct.

Bye,
Philipp