[En-Nut-Discussion] SP duo V1.0

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Jan 20 14:43:43 CET 2016

Hi Aigars,

On 20.01.2016 13:36, Aigars wrote:
>>      Aigars> bord. This kit contains not upgradable SP DUO adapter
>> V1.0 (as
>>      Aigars> it reports after Ctr-V in terminal).

Yes, this is a pity.

>> I see three possibilities:
>> - Harald chaims in with some proposal
>> - You discuss your problem on a avrdude related list
>> - You buy a cheap AVR programmer at ebay, amazon etc.

Actually avrdude and SP-Duo worked quite well. However, this is true
only for old SP-Duos with old avrdudes or both newer ones.

> As I'm new to this architecture and dev board - do somebody have
> suggestions on cheap AVR programmers for ethernut 2.1 B ( 100%
> programming this board )?
> Should I look for AVR JTAG ICE adapter on eBay?

The problem is not with your Ethernut board, but with the programmer and
the related software tool. Even not all original Atmel JTAG adapters
work flawlessly with all versions of Atmel's AVR Studio.

Any JTAG adapter, which is known to work with the current version of
avrdude should work with Ethernut 2 as well.