[En-Nut-Discussion] SP duo V1.0

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Jan 20 18:35:26 CET 2016

Hi Aigars,

On 20.01.2016 15:03, Aigars wrote:
> On 2016.01.20. 15:43, Harald Kipp wrote:
>> Actually avrdude and SP-Duo worked quite well. However, this is true
>> only for old SP-Duos with old avrdudes or both newer ones.
> IS there known compatible versions ( ethernut / winavr / avrdude /sp duo
> 1.0 /board 2.1B) witch I can use?

Probably, but difficult to find out after so many years.

> Ethernut (installed from  nut392c.exe )  with WinAVR-20030913 from dev
> kit CD - also is not  compatible (tried under old P4 32bit XP PC with
> onbord com1 - not usb com converter and uisp reported that  MCU not in
> reset state)

At least I'd have expected this one to work.

Mh...broken reset controller? It may help to keep the reset button
pressed when running avrdude.

Also note that almost all old stuff is still available at

http://www.ethernut.de/arc/

The initial release had been published at avrfreaks. Not sure, if they
still have it available...but anyway, that was before Ethernut 2 and SP-Duo.

Also note, that while Ethernut 2 offers a JTAG connector only, all CPU
pins are available at the expansion port. The 2.1B manual states, that
flying wires may be used to connect an SPI programmer. See

http://www.ethernut.de/en/isp/fuses.html

Also check

http://www.ethernut.de/en/isp/index.html