[En-Nut-Discussion] Dealing with arduino shields

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Sun Jan 24 21:53:32 CET 2016

Hi Uwe,

I see your point! Unfortunately currently there is no support to include
sub configurations.

Even more, I'm not sure if the current configuration layouts would allow
such a configuration scheme in a sensible way.

For example the configuration of an Arduino shield might depend on the
baseboard, it is used on (e.g. spi cs GPIO pins etc.).

On Linux a very powerful approach is the "Flattened Device Tree", a
hierarchical textual description of your hardware, which is parsed on
runtime to configure the drivers.

I'm wondering, if it might be possible to implement something similar
for NutOS as well? Perhaps not during runtime, but during compile time?

Just some very rough and incomplete thoughts...

best regards,

Ole

--
Embedded-IT