[En-Nut-Discussion] A few patches

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Jan 10 11:20:27 CET 2017

    Krzysztof> Hi - typo in I2C - typo in linker script - STM32 Can - some
    Krzysztof> lines will never get executed

Happy new year!

Krzysztof, thanks for the patches! Applied in GIT. Ethernut should now
compile with arm-none-eabi GCC-6.

Some background:
- I don't have any F1 designs I have to keep running. So F1 specific
hardware sees not much care. (I2C on F1)
- Debugging in RAM is a nice Flash erase cycle saver. But for those parts
with an interesting amount of RAM, option bits have to be set. And I did not
succeed with OpenOCD to load to RAM. So the SRAM linker script does also set
few use. nut/hwtest/cm3/stm/trampoline is a stub to put in flash and than
"run from SRAM". But integration in NutOS compiling needs some care.

Git patches are also welcome. With "git am xxx" integration is easy and will
keep authorship.

And please have a look at
http://www.ethernut.de/en/documents/programming-style-guide.html. stm32_can.c
did not follow that rule. I restrain to fix these coding style errors
global, but touching code in those file with bad style should fix the coding
style for the part it fixes.

Cheers

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

--------- Tel. 06151 1623569 ------- Fax. 06151 1623305 ---------