[En-Nut-Discussion] tickless idle mode

Andras Szemzo szemzo.andras at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 08:51:10 CET 2018

> On 2018. Dec 3., at 13:39, bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de wrote:
>
> Are you using a sleep deeper than WFI/WFE?
> Do all peripherals still work in that mode?

For SAMD21 I have an ACTIVE, IDLE0-2, and STANDBY sleep modes.
I use the STANDBY mode for achive the lowest power consumption.

There are several clock  sources (like 8MHz internal OSC, external OSC, 32KHz external OSC, 32KHz ultra low power external OSC etc)
and glock generators, where you can assign clock sources for them, and periperals can be mapped to clock generators)
(you can decide what peripherals/clock generators needs to run in sleep mode)

In my application, I use a 32bit timer with internal 32KHz ultra low power OSC for NutOS tick (with 1024 tick / sec),
and reprogrammed to use it as a sleep timer (for long timeouts).
I don’t need other peripherial in sleep mode, just the timer, and the external interrupt controller for wake up)

> For STM32, type, peripheral and peripheral clock type decide if some
> peripheral stillworks in sleep modes deeper than WFI/WFE.

Basically the same as SAMD21.

>> Am I missing something?
>> Is there any other implementation of tickeless mode for NutOS?
> Nothing that I know of.
>
> Pleasekeep us informed.

Beside this application, (where I read a few sensors and have a multi-master RS485 with a few GPIOs) my next
use case will be a WINC1500 WiFI SoC with NutOS/Net + MQTT client.
(This application is working, but I would like to use the WINC1500 in bypass mode)

Do anybody has a very simple Ethernut DHCP server, to use at WiFI AP mode? :)