[En-Nut-Discussion] Basic loading of nut/OS applications via TFTP

Nikolas Becker N.Becker at pemtec.de
Mon Jul 23 16:26:38 CEST 2018

Hello Uwe,

thanks for the quick reply! I don't really know what you mean by UART monitor. I use the UART console, that's how I command U-Boot. The output posted in my previous mail is from this UART console. I tried three examples, even the simple ones.  But I don't get that far that this would make a difference, basically nothing happens after running tftpbootnut. I'll add a dump of the console log at the end of this mail. I'm sure my error is dead simple, I just can't find any guide on how to run Nut/OS applications besides the one I'm using, and I don't get it from there.
My setup:
Hardware:
Ethernut 5, preprogrammed by egnite
Lan connection to our internal LAN
Console connection via null modem cable to RS232-to-USB-Bridge
Mini-USB connected to PC for Power-Supply

Samboot 1.4
U-Boot 2011.12
Latest stable Nut/OS version 5.1.0-1
Compiling with GNU Tools Arm Embedded 7 2018-q2
TFTP via TFTPD64 v4.62

Best regards,
    Nikolas

SAMBOOT 1.4 :  Type=3 Loading 0x42000 to 0x27000000  done
OK

U-Boot 2011.12 (Mar 28 2012 - 10:09:42)

CPU: AT91SAM9XE
Crystal frequency:   18.432 MHz
CPU clock        :  180.634 MHz
Master clock     :   90.317 MHz
I2C:   ready
DRAM:  128 MiB
WARNING: Caches not enabled
Flash: 512 KiB
NAND:  1024 MiB
MMC:   mci: 0
DataFlash:AT45DB321
Nb pages:   8192
Page Size:    528
Size= 4325376 bytes
Logical address: 0xC0000000
Area 0:	C0021000 to C0041FFF (RO) setup
Area 1:	C0042000 to C00C5FFF (RO) uboot
Area 2:	C00C6000 to C0359FFF (RO) kernel
Area 3:	C035A000 to C03DDFFF (RO) nutos
Area 4:	C03DE000 to C03FEFFF      env
SF: Detected AT45DB321D with page size 528 Bytes, total 16.5 MiB
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:   macb0: PHY present at 0
macb0: Starting autonegotiation...
macb0: Autonegotiation complete
macb0: link up, 100Mbps full-duplex (lpa: 0xcde1)
macb0
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  3  0
U-Boot> run setfactory
## Executing script at 20000000
## Resetting to default environment
Enter MAC address and then execute 'saveenv' to store the new environment.
Please enter 'ethaddr':
U-Boot> setenv ethaddr 00:06:98:50:00:CA
U-Boot>
U-Boot> setenv nut_image_name httpd.bin
U-Boot>
U-Boot> run tftpbootnut
macb0: PHY present at 0
macb0: link up, 100Mbps full-duplex (lpa: 0xcde1)
BOOTP broadcast 1
DHCP client bound to address 172.16.1.87
U-Boot>