[En-Nut-Discussion] Arm7 Compiler

wiegelj wiegelj at gmx.de
Tue Jul 2 17:26:27 CEST 2019

Hello together. I feel a little bit desperate :-O .

After a long time I have to look for a network issue, probably in a nut
application and not in the system. I want to debug with the segger
j-link and I want to use the EmIde under Windows 10.

I would like to use the EmIde together with Ethernut 5.1 or Ethernut
4.10.2 both with configfile: at91sam7se-ek.conf

The 5.1 Version begins to work and it never returns. Also I can't switch
to the arm-none-eabi compiler. Probaly it can't find a compiler the
non-abi version is not available in the nut os configurator.

17:06:14: Creating Makefiles for arm-gcc in nutbld

17:06:14: Creating header files in nutbld

17:06:14: ----- Running 'make clean' -----

17:06:14: ----- Running 'make all' -----

17:06:14: ----- Running 'make install' -----

---------------------

The version 4.10.2 shows this error/warning:
arm-none-eabi-ar: creating libnutarch.a
arm-none-eabi-ar: creating libnutos.a
arm-none-eabi-ar: creating libnutdev.a
arm-none-eabi-ar: creating libnutc.a
arm-none-eabi-ar: creating libnutcrt.a
../../nut/gorp/hashes/md5.c: In function 'NutMD5Final':
../../nut/gorp/hashes/md5.c:307:5: error: dereferencing type-punned
pointer will break strict-aliasing rules [-Werror=strict-aliasing]
../../nut/gorp/hashes/md5.c:308:5: error: dereferencing type-punned
pointer will break strict-aliasing rules [-Werror=strict-aliasing]
cc1.exe: all warnings being treated as errors
make[1]: *** [hashes/md5.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
16:28:27: ----- 'make all' failed with error 2 -----

Compiler version from the EmIde. I don't know what to do know.

Off topic: I think a lot of people switched to Embedded Linux instead of
nutos? When I'm right, then I don't know what to do with security
problems. Are you supplying patches to your customer? Or do you
following a trend to work without an OS? I heard that microchip has a
stack for TCP-Ip.

Thank you

Jörg