[En-Nut-Discussion] Memory leak in DHCP process

Jörg Wiegelmann joerg.wiegelmann at gmx.de
Thu Oct 10 12:27:39 CEST 2019

Thank you for the feedback Uwe. So I don't feel so alone ;-) . Because
I'm working on Windows I don't have a diff. I downloaded the complete
file at this destination:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxozpqicr4c0pt0/dhcpc.c?dl=0

Yesterday I found another problem. When I'm switching on NUTDEBUG the
compiling of dhcpc.c fails because the function call

DhcpStateDebug( 1, dhcpState, last_ip, leaseTime, retries);

was in the middle of this incredible if/else/if/else construction. I
think it could be a good idea to transform this into a switch/case. But
I don't feel confident enough to do this. I moved the DhcpStateDebug
call to the end so that I can compile. I don't know if this is the best
place to be for the call.

Watch out for the next post with a new problem :-O . What is when in the
middle of DHCP-renew process someone wants to send messages?

Best regards

Jörg