[En-Nut-Discussion] Debugging the CPU load

Philipp Burch phip at hb9etc.ch
Thu Sep 3 14:46:00 CEST 2020

Hi everyone,

we have an Ethernut heartbeat LED connected to our MCUs as a quick check
of the global CPU/thread load. Despite the firmware runs without issues,
we recently found that some projects exhibit a constantly-on LED, i.e. a
100% CPU load. The available diagnosing facilities show that all threads
are in the SLEEP state (except for the idle thread) most of the time, so
it is not apparent that a single thread just eats up all available CPU time.

Is there some functionality available to find the CPU load per thread?

Thanks and best regards,
Philipp