[De-Nut-Discussion] illegal ICMP packets

Matthias Kirchner matthias.kirchner at tu-clausthal.de
Tue Oct 4 08:48:57 CEST 2005

Hi there,

I wrote a program for an Ethernut 2.1 using NutOS 3.9.6 (based on the
"webport" example application). Everything seemed to be OK. But while
viewing the logfiles on some Linux servers I saw many many entries

Oct  4 07:51:13 server kernel: xx.xx.xx.252 sent an invalid ICMP type 3,
code 3 error to a broadcast: xx.xx.xx.255 on eth0

in /var/log/messages. Enut's IP is ...252
What can I do to eliminate this behavior?

TIA
  Matthias