[En-Nut-Discussion] Power Supply: AC O.K.?

Ralf Schulze ralf.schulze at ikp.uni-koeln.de
Wed Dec 11 16:54:33 CET 2002

Hello.

I read in the Hardware Manual that the Ethernut Board should be supplied with
Direct Current 9-15 V.
I have got an older Manual here which states that it is possible to supply the
Board with Alternating Current 7-12 Volt. I have seen that there is a rectifier
on the Board so AC should be O.K., or am I wrong?

Is it O.K. to use AC  or are there any disadvanteges? Why has the mention of AC
power-supply gone from the manual? Has anything changed in power-supply from
Ethernut version 1.0 to 1.3?

Greetings

--
Ralf Schulze