[En-Nut-Discussion] Programs compiled under Linux do not work

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Sat Nov 2 19:28:13 CET 2002

Raphael,

Sorry, but I gave up 2.5.9 for Linux. There were also
conflicts with ICCAVR and Ted's patches.

Version 2.5.91 (big step :-)) works fine here under
Redhat 7.3. But don't ask me why, originally it didn't.
Neither Ted's rpms nor srmps work, because the linker
requires glibc 2.3. At last I decided to start from
scratch, getting the gcc, glibc and binutils tarballs.
Note, the Linux toolchain, not AVR cross compiler.

GCC 3.2.1 compiled OK, but glibc-2.3 don't like the
kernel and at a certain build stage warned me, that
I'm going to make my system unusable. I gave up yesterday.
Today, some kind of bored, I typed make burn and couldn't
believe what I saw. Basemon compiled, linked and was
uploaded without problems.

avr-gcc --version says version 3.3 20021028
avr-ld --version says 021028 20021028
uisp is still version 20020626

I'm now a bit nervous about rebooting the machine.