[En-Nut-Discussion] Programs compiled under Linux do not work

Thedore A. Roth troth at openavr.org
Sat Nov 2 21:46:19 CET 2002

On Sat, 2 Nov 2002, Harald Kipp wrote:

:)Raphael,
:)
:)Sorry, but I gave up 2.5.9 for Linux. There were also
:)conflicts with ICCAVR and Ted's patches.
:)
:)Version 2.5.91 (big step :-)) works fine here under
:)Redhat 7.3. But don't ask me why, originally it didn't.
:)Neither Ted's rpms nor srmps work, because the linker
:)requires glibc 2.3. At last I decided to start from
:)scratch, getting the gcc, glibc and binutils tarballs.
:)Note, the Linux toolchain, not AVR cross compiler.

I think the problem is mainly that I build the rpms for redhat-8.0.

I'll make some new rpms for redhat-7.3 today and update those too. Hopefully
that will make things easier.

Sorry for jumping the gun on redhat-8.0.

Ted Roth