[En-Nut-Discussion] Programs larger than 64k bytes

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Nov 4 19:55:21 CET 2002

Hey, no uisp user ever tried to go beyond the 64k limit?

I'm just testing large programs, which I
remember sometimes worked and sometimes
don't work.

uisp doesn't seem to respect the segment
address in hex files.

AVR-ISP reports an index error, when loading.

Both AVR-ISP and PonyProg typically stop working after
some time for unknown reasons on most NT/W2K systems.
Probably a conflict with the giveio.sys driver used
by uisp. (Yes, I always reboot before changing from
one programmer to the other).

AVRStudio + ATJTAGICE work correctly.

My bloody hacked nutisp also works, after I added
the segment handling.

Arghhhh! Is all this true? Please confirm, that I'm
totally wrong and everything works fine at your place.