[En-Nut-Discussion] SRAM speed

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Sep 12 13:48:58 CEST 2002

Alastair,

Yes, we would prefer to openly discuss the hardware design
with you or other members of this list. I'm just thinking
about created a special list for this topic. What do you
think?

We are not committed to any chip company, except VLSI for
MP3 applications.

Yes, the SMC is expensive compared to Asix' AX88796. But
the SMC is easier to get and has the potential to become
a defacto standard for embedded systems, IMHO. When
producing a few hundred boards, chip prices are not that
relevant. For hobbyist this is more expensive and when
producing several 10000, the price is important. But in
our range, a few dollars do not really make a difference.

Yes, we are able to solder fine pitch. We use Ersa, but
also Pace and Weller offer special soldering tips.

Harald Kipp