[En-Nut-Discussion] some questions

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Sep 13 16:13:30 CEST 2002

>   That is, there is already the BaseMon.rom file in flash of Mega 103.
>   Can I have these files(tcps.rom, BaseMon.rom) in flash memory together?

In general is possible, but complicated. You
can't simply load two of the ready-made
binaries, though. During the link stage,
you specify the load address. See the Ethernut
bootloader, which is linked to 1E000.
And you need to solve the problem to start
both apps.

I'd suggest to create a new application, which
integrates both functions and compile it into
a single rom file.

>2) In ethernut hardware manual(PAGE 3-1, 3-2), which is right in memory map?

I can't see any map on the pages you refer. But
the external SRAM ends at 0x7FFF and the RTL8019
occupies 0x8300 to 0x831F. Anything else above
0x8000 is not occupied. The internal RAM is
specified in the ATmega datasheets. Note, that
ATmega103 and ATmega128 differ.