[En-Nut-Discussion] Re: Multiple sockets, and threads

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Apr 3 10:06:05 CEST 2003

>What I think was happening was that as soon as the transmitter and receiver
>started to really get a work out, Ethernut ran out of buffer space and
>started to error out. I also noticed that the TWI interrupt would also
>occasionally be held off for > 50mS.

This problem may occur during Ethernet Controller overflows
and isn't yet fixed.

>So I am going to try a NutThreadYield() in there whenever the ENOBUFS error
>is returned, and see if that helps. There is around 6K B left, but does it
>use heap memory?

I'd recommend to check the available memory by calling
NutHeapAvailable() and delay TCP processing. Generally
avoid designing applications, which open and close
connections too often. This will not only avoid consuming
a lot of heap memory, but will also keep the traffic overhead
low.