[En-Nut-Discussion] CGI scripts

Tom Nyström m99tomny at embassaden.liu.se
Thu Apr 3 15:39:36 CEST 2003

Hello experts of CGI scripts!

We are trying to make a web interface for adjusting som variables in our program running on the
Ethernut (Nut/OS 3.01). We have based it on the httpd example. It is a webpage with a link to a
cgi script which generates a table containing the current settings of all variables. Showing the variable
values is no problem, but how can we read values from a form and use the input to adjust our
variables?

When using the GET method in our form we seem to need the getenv() function to do:

char *buffer=getenv("QUERY_STRING");

and then read the values from the buffer string. Is there a getenv() or equivalent for the Ethernut
somewhere?

The POST method writes the values from the form to stdin. How should we define stdin to be able
to use it like this:

char buffer[80];
fread(buffer, sizeof(char), 80, stdin);

We are stuck on both methods because of getenv() and stdin respectively.

Grateful for any help
Tom Nyström