[En-Nut-Discussion] Problem with Port E Pin 5 and Ethernet

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Apr 22 12:42:07 CEST 2003

Unfortunately the first series of Ethernut 2 boards are
on production already and Ethernut 1.3 Rev-F will be shipped
within a few days. Both are still using IRQ5. Now, after
looking into this topic more closely, I must admit, that
IRQ 5 may not have been the best choice. :-(

With ATmega103 boards, edge triggered interrupts were
limited to IRQ4-7. IRQ4 would have occupied the highest
edge triggered level. That's why I thought IRQ5 would be OK.

For coming releases, which IRQ would you vote for? We still
mount ATmega103 CPUs for some customers with higher quantities,
who insist on this chip. Yes, it's still available. So,
interrupts 0-3 may require additional software.