[En-Nut-Discussion] App piper porting on H8/300H

tyou tyou at i-da.co.jp
Wed Aug 6 12:58:39 CEST 2003

Hi,
     I am testing the application piper( shout radio client ).
Since I don't have mp3 decoder, so just let the application
read the mp3 stream data forever.      Finally, it only
works well when receiving 56Kbps radios. 128Kbps stream will
make the tcp/ip stack corrupted after some time( other
threads still works well, only network part does not work
any more).
      Although I have tested the H8 httpserver in LAN
and found the download speed could be up to 150KByte/s, it
is still not good enough as AVR.  AVR is a risc machine with
one clock on instruction, while H8/300H is a cisc machine,
even if without bus waiting cycles , one instruction still
need at least 2 clock cycles. Another reason maybe is that
nut is designed and optimized for 8bit systems. Here is my
question,  could nut/OS recover the corrupted TCP/IP stack
by itself? And,   If nut/OS is a primitive OS, is it
possible for better performance?

Regards,,, :-P

Tyou