[En-Nut-Discussion] strtok_r conflicts

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Aug 12 09:12:06 CEST 2003

>Technically, there is no ANSI C standard for these functions. What we have
>is a huge body of code (in fact everyone else) which is different to my
>versions in Nut/OS. My feeling is it should be changed. However I can't do
>it immediately as the computer it is on is on the other side of Sydney. I
>hope to be back there by the end of the week.

The impact on changing the call is minimal.
Go ahead, please. I'm just the maintainer. :-)

Btw. I didn't realize that strtok_r has been implemented in
the avrlibc. Is there any advantage using Peter's version?
And if there is, why not add these enhancements into avrlibc.

(Yes, Peter, I know that the avrlibc people ignored our previous
request. But if they are just half as busy as I am...)