[En-Nut-Discussion] strtok_r conflicts

Theodore A. Roth troth at openavr.org
Tue Aug 12 17:38:24 CEST 2003

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Harald Kipp wrote:

> >Technically, there is no ANSI C standard for these functions. What we have
> >is a huge body of code (in fact everyone else) which is different to my
> >versions in Nut/OS. My feeling is it should be changed. However I can't do
> >it immediately as the computer it is on is on the other side of Sydney. I
> >hope to be back there by the end of the week.

Linux man page says this:

CONFORMING TO
       strtok()
              SVID 3, POSIX, BSD 4.3, ISO 9899

       strtok_r()
              POSIX.1c

> The impact on changing the call is minimal.
> Go ahead, please. I'm just the maintainer. :-)
>
> Btw. I didn't realize that strtok_r has been implemented in
> the avrlibc. Is there any advantage using Peter's version?
> And if there is, why not add these enhancements into avrlibc.

The avr-libc implementation is in assembler and was added on June 19.
If you wish to have a look at it, there's a snapshot tarball here:

  http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/avr-libc/snapshots/

> (Yes, Peter, I know that the avrlibc people ignored our previous
> request. But if they are just half as busy as I am...)

I assume you are talking about this:

  http://mail.nongnu.org/archive/html/avr-libc-dev/2002-09/msg00089.html

Looks like it fell through the cracks. Sorry.

Ted Roth