[En-Nut-Discussion] PPP problem (or maybe a bug)

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Dec 4 20:46:43 CET 2003

Hi Zoltan,

One of our customers experienced problems with PPP
connections and some providers. It turned out, that
the 3.3.0 stack doesn't support LCP echo requests.

To add this, a magic number has to be negotiated.
That's the code which had been added to LcpTxConfReq().
Assuming, that the remote PPP you are connecting
to, is well proven, then Ethernut's PPP stack may
cause the failure in case the remote refuses the
offered magic number. Are you able to switch on PPP
debugging (compiling with NUTDEBUG and calling
NutTracePPP during initialization) and send the
output to my email address?

Regarding bss_end: Frankly, I'm completely confused.
I thought, Oliver committed an update for nutinit.c.
But it seems to have disappeared??? Oliver?! Help,
please!