AW: [En-Nut-Discussion] NutThreadSetPriority

Yuri Staal staal.ya at stu.hsbrabant.nl
Fri Dec 5 14:29:58 CET 2003

Harald,

you are kind of right. Im not to experienced with embedded programming.
The problem as i see it is as follows:

I started with Ethernut not really knowing too much about it.
I read the docs, looked at the code examples, and tried to understand
all that is happening inside. After that I decided to start working on
my own application.
The first thing i did was create a really simple webserver, which worked
really nice. No problem whatsoever. After some time i discovered the
fact that displaying multiple images isnt done the way i thought it
would be (with the 4 threads and all)
Like i said, i developed my application from scratch, using the docs and
examples. Now after some time i experience (in my eyes) very strange
things.
Like setting the thread priority the way its said to be done in a few
docs, doesnt work for me. This could be because my application was at
first hand not good, but worked for some wonderfull reason.
And it could be for some other reasons... i dont know, thats the
problem.
and about the two rxi5 threads, i really dont know what has happend
there.Like i said, i found it very strange. I will try to close in on
the problem, so I can give you an exact model of what was done, and how
it was done.

And no, i do not take your reply as an unfriendly one. I do not want to
be bugging all you, but i "hate" problems that arise without a really
good reason (to me that is ;-) )

Yuri