[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut, UART HW Flowcontrol and maybe Bluetooth

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Dec 9 21:56:51 CET 2003

Hi Matthias,

>event-queue based dispatcher system on our ATmega128+Bluetooth nodes
>called BTnodes ( www.btnode.ethz.ch )

I found that site a few weeks ago and add it to my bookmarks
immediately. Really great stuff.

>for the communication with the bt module, uart hardware handshake
>is required at least on the incoming side.
>today I added this to the uartavr.c driver.
>I tested at 115200 running at CPU-FREQ=7372800

I'm almost through with the new driver. RTS/CTS handshake worked
reliable on my last tests, but I still have to do some cosmetic
changes, mainly on the user interface.

>how fast (@cpu speed) do people use the uarts without handshake (@cpu speed) ?
>is anybody interested in those changes?

Too late. :-) But I'm interested in any comments.

I hate to publish unfinished code, but in this case I'll
make an exception. Note, I made many changes since my last
test, so it may not even work. Only USART0 comments may be
wrong, wrong paths  etc. etc.

Btw. Any idea anyone, how to add UART1 without copying code
or spoil the code with ifdefs? Nah...no code in include
files. I fear that this may confuse other tools like debuggers.

dev/usart.c
Hardware independant code.

dev/usart0avr.c
Low level hardware code, use as a template for other chips.

include/dev/u*.h
Internal defs.

include/os/uart.h
API interface.