[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut, UART HW Flowcontrol and maybe Bluetooth

Matthias Ringwald mringwal at inf.ethz.ch
Wed Dec 10 18:01:15 CET 2003

Hi Lars,

On 09.12.2003, at 20:28, Lars Andersson wrote:

> I would like to say that your work is of most interest! Do you have
> any plans to start working with Nut/OS in your system ?
I did. I tried the examples, esp. the uart demo and the timers demo to
see if its running.
And hacked a crude hw-handshake routine which is already superseded by
the preview from harald...

> If you are planning to port your code into the NUT/OS I would be glad
> to help in any way.
I want to do this.
Actually, I'd like to define a semester term project and have a student
doing the re-write.
You could get the current version running quite fast, (basically use
our current dispatcher
as a nut/os thread.) but then it would not use signal, events, ...

> Have you made your stack implementation from scratch or did you port
> from some other stack?
We tried to port using code from bluez and openbt, but both had not
been suitable for the atmel.
as far as I know, the code is written from scratch with glimpses into
other open source code.

>  Are you planning to implement more layers in the future? BNEP & PAN
> perhaps ? :-)
Feel free.. :)
BNEP & PAN is not to much. Do you know of any mobile devices that
support it?
(not counting linux machines)..
HTTP over TCP/IP over PPP over RFCOMM over L2CAP over HCI should
work.... :)

> I think it would interesting to se if one can use the Nut/OS ppp stack
> ontop of your RFOMM layer.
Actually, that's the other point besides having a 'real' os why it
would be good to start
using nut/os & nut/net: the ppp, tcp/ip, etc. is included.

Matthias