[En-Nut-Discussion] RE: Reading & Writing to an external EEPROM via TCP/IP

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Dec 9 22:25:21 CET 2003

>What can be the best approach here? I need to be able to write datalogs
>with contents of a persons name, time in/out and date on external EEPROM
>outside Ethernut from and to a remote PC via TCP/IP. Some suggestion and
>help for this newbee would be appreciated.

If around 3500 bytes are enough, check the app/nutpiper/config.c on
how to use the internal EEPROM. Note that bytes 0..511 are reserved
for the system.

Otherwise use an SPI or I2C EEPROM. Both interfaces are quite easy to
use with the ATmega128. For I2C look into dev/twif.c. Either use the
routines provided here or use it as a template for your own code.

There's currently no file system support for external serial EEPROM
or flash devices.

Harald

P.S. Please do not post the whole digest while replying.