[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut, UART HW Flowcontrol and maybe Bluetooth

Matthias Ringwald mringwal at inf.ethz.ch
Tue Dec 9 18:49:44 CET 2003

Hi

first congratulation to ethernut as a mature, free, co-operative OS.
I'm quite impressed with the provided features and I'm trying
to use it instead of our self-written minimalistic
event-queue based dispatcher system on our ATmega128+Bluetooth nodes
called BTnodes ( www.btnode.ethz.ch )

we have a bluetooth stack that includes HCI and L2CAP implementation
and a partly implemented RFCOMM layer.

for the communication with the bt module, uart hardware handshake
is required at least on the incoming side.
today I added this to the uartavr.c driver.
I tested at 115200 running at CPU-FREQ=7372800

how fast (@cpu speed) do people use the uarts without handshake (@cpu
speed) ?
is anybody interested in those changes?

Matthias Ringwald