[En-Nut-Discussion] CVS Commits

Ralph Mason ralph.mason at telogis.com
Thu Dec 18 20:53:47 CET 2003

Haven't looked to Larry's code for a long time.

> Would be a good idea to do that.
>
> Finally, it's a good point to take care, that the
> simplicity of the Nut/OS kernel is preserved.
> That reminds me of Mike Cornelius' comment about
> NutEventPostAsync, which looks like a good target
> for code reduction.

On these 2 points an interesting idea springs to mind.  How about the RT
Linux approach to the problem of realtime performance on Nut OS. How
about running avrx under NutOS.  Seems like it solves the problem quite
nicely. AvrX is only 500-700 bytes.  One thread runs the mp3 player
feeding, one runs NutOS.  Seems like it could be solve almost any
realtime requirement while still retaining all the nice things.

Ralph