[En-Nut-Discussion] Elf to Coff Conversions

Waschk,Kolja enut at ixo.de
Sat Dec 20 21:29:40 CET 2003

> I am using JTAGICE to download code to the target
> and I've read, downloaded the coff converter

I've once managed to use avr-objdump to create an obj that could be used with
AVR Studio. AVR Studio then knew the source file names, but I had to locate
each file manually in a Browse dialog before it would be displayed.

I think I have the options recorded somewhere at work (not yet at hand).
Anyway I then switched to avr-gdb/avr-insight, using 'avarice' to control
the JTAG ICE for download and debugging. avr-gdb works with ELF natively.

All those programs are included in the WinAVR package from

  http://www.avrfreaks.net

However, the included version of avarice doesn't work well in Win9X/ME;
a fix (AFAIK) has made its way into the more recent avarice 2.2 release.

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/avarice

Kolja

--
mr. kolja waschk - haubach-39 - 22765 hh - ger
phone +49 40 889130-34 - fax -35 - e-mail s.a.