[En-Nut-Discussion] 3.0 sync uart support - (Development Environ - general questions)

Dave Smart SmartFamily at mchsi.com
Wed Feb 5 13:46:11 CET 2003

> >* Has everyone moved to NutOS 2.60 ?
>Don't move now. 3.0 is in the final testing.
>Harald

Does 3.0 support sync mode control of the uart?

I think I can wait for 3.0 and revise to that model. I'd like to see if one
of my primary requirements is part of 3.0 - access to the synchronous config
on the USART. You may recall I had crafted the functions needed to change
modes, perform a few other functions, etc. - submitted in a message thread
"Using USART to Rx from PC Keyboard".

The two things needed to make sync mode work were (1) the activation of it
in the control registers, and (2) replacement of the standard ISR handler
with my own, since it had different "work" to perform to prepare the data
stream for the consuming application.

thanks!