[En-Nut-Discussion] Large Arrays

Alastair Jeremy ajeremy at dotaussie.com.au
Fri Feb 7 09:03:40 CET 2003

I seem to be having problems with initialisation of large static arrays.
When I add a new array to my existing ones (say a second array of about 700
or 800 u-long's) then the program crashes before it even starts. It doesn't
appear to be an out-of memory error, because the OS is reporting about 27KB
free in the version before I try to compile in the large array.

Either that is the problem, or it is causing problems with the UART (which
is what I am using to communicate with the Ethernut, no ethernet comms in
this program)

Are there any "unstated rules" (or stated ones) which can help here? Any
suggestions about initialising large arrays?

Alastair