[En-Nut-Discussion] Newbie on board -- how to debug

Kelly Edward Murray kem at netnimble.com
Fri Jan 10 10:29:57 CET 2003

Hello,
I've been looking for a microprocessor to use, and it looks like the
mega128 is
the hot ticket, seems lots of support for it.
I purchased an Ethernut board, and have been looking over the docs.

I much prefer to use Linux, but I did not see a GDB for the AVR.
How do you debug and/or step though source code?
I've heard AVR Studio for windows, is that what I need, will it work
with the ethernut board?
Do y'all recommend I get the AVR-500 and AVR-501 to use the Mega128?
I will most likely sooner or later build my own board using the
processor,
more questions about that later...

Thanks from a mega128 newbie.
BTW, I wrote an Lisp intepretor in assembly language for a $10,000 16bit
PDP-11 with 64K memory, many years ago..
it really is amazing to see today what a $10 chip is capable of!

Kelly