[En-Nut-Discussion] Compiling Ethernut with WinAVR

deoxy at u.washington.edu deoxy at u.washington.edu
Fri Jan 10 10:22:13 CET 2003

I'm having trouble compiling Ethernut 2.5.2 using WinAVR-20021209.  The compiler has trouble with the calls to eeprom_wb in init.c, and ifconfig.c.  I had no trouble when using the experimental GCC3.2 release from AVRfreaks.  There is no problem when compiling the library files, only when compiling an app.

Commenting out these calls in the library allows the app to compile with no errors.  Replacing the call to eeprom_wb with a call to eeprom_write_byte gives an error when compiling the library files.

I'd stick with the GCC3.2 release from AVRfreaks, but I want to use the experimental PPP version, which I think requires a newer version of libc.

Any ideas???

Thanks,

Louis Beaudoin

C:/egnite/nut/lib/gcc/atmega128/init.o(.text+0x84): In function `NutSaveConfig':

: undefined reference to `eeprom_wb'

C:/egnite/nut/lib/gcc/atmega128\libnutnet.a(ifconfig.o)(.text+0xc0): In function `NutNetSaveConfig':                                                            : undefined reference to `eeprom_wb'